This versatile, DSP-based INOmini meets multiple broadcast needs. Quick menu-driven, application-specific setup for: NRSC, European or shortwave AM broadcast; Traveler’s Information Service; monaural US or European FM; analog SCA services. 3-band processing has selectable crossovers, EQ and tight limiting with pre-emphasis protection. The DSP-based 223 is an addition to the firm’s INOmini line. Features include gated and windowed ‘gain-riding’ AGC, 3-band compression with adjustable EQ, and a fast ‘lookahead’ final limiter coupled with overshoot-controlled multi-cutoff output filtering to suit a variety of uses.
The 223 has a very intuitive menu-driven user interface. All modes employ protection-limited pre-emphasis and bandwidth constraint specific to the service selected. The triband compressor section has selectable turnover frequencies, and a unique ‘smooth vs. loud’ adjustment gives clear-cut control over program density.
The compact 1/3-rack-size unit integrates with other Inovonics INOmini products, including RDS encoders and decoders, AM/FM/HD-Radio confidence monitors with IP control and streaming audio, and other economic problem-solvers for broadcasters. Although the 223 replaces a legacy AM-only processor, the versatile new unit finds ready application with other broadcast services as well.
• Ideal for: US/NRSC AM, Worldwide AM, Shortwave, US/Euro Monaural FM, TIS, and analog SCA.
• Easy menu / jog-wheel setup from the front panel.
• Performs AGC, 3-Band Compression, Peak Control, and Output Filtering specific to the selected application.
• User-adjustable compression, EQ, limiting, and program density.
• DSP ‘lookahead’ limiting offers tight peak control without clipping.
• USB connector enables fast firmware updates in the field.
• Headphone jack
• Operating Modes: NRSC-compliant asymmetrical AM processing with 10kHz, 9kHz, 7kHz, and 5kHz (9-pole Cauer) cutoffs. TIS asymmetrical AM processing with 5kHz (9-pole Cauer) cutoff. FM processing (monaural) with 75μs/50μs pre-emphasis and 15kHz (7-pole Cauer) cutoff. SCA processing with smooth 5kHz (6th order Butterworth) cutoff.
• Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz, ±0.1dB in PROOF and Studio modes; all specialized applications conform to specified cutoff characteristics.
• Distortion: 0.02% THD in PROOF mode.
• Signal-to-Noise: Better than 72dB below the limited ceiling level measured through an appropriate de-emphasis network.b>
• Program Line Input: Active-balanced (XLR) analog input, accepts nominal line levels between –20dBu and +20dBu.
• Program Line Output: Active-balanced (XLR) delivers output levels between –15dBu and +12dBu corresponding to 100% modulation; 200-ohm resistive source. A switch under the top cover inserts a 20dB pad in the output for transmitters requiring a low level input.
• Latency: 3.5ms – 4.5ms, depending on selected application.
• Headphone Jack: Front-panel (TRS) 3.5mm.
• USB Port: Front-panel connection for firmware updates.
• Metering: Input / Output / AGC Gain / Compression / Limiting
• Alarms: Flashing front-panel indication of audio loss and AGC out-of-range.
• Power Requirement 12VDC at 200mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); inline switchmode power supply included.
• Mounting Options An optional rack adapter mounts one, two, or three INOmini format units in a standard 19-inch, 1U rack space.
• Size and Weight: 1.6”H x 5.5”W x 5.5”D 4 lbs. shipping weight