The Wheatstone VP-8 Plus builds on the success of the acclaimed VP-8 by adding many new features for even higher performance, including advanced audio processing functions for greater audio consistency, clarity, overall loudness and lower distortion. It also gives you complete front panel menus for quick and easy set up out of the box without a PC.
Targeted for broadcast and professional audio applications, the VP-8 Plus offers six built-in processing modes selectable from the GUI software; FM, AM, FM-HD, AM-HD, AAC < 48kHz, AAC > 48 kHz, with specialized codec preconditioning tailored for each of the MP3, AAC and AAC+ modes. Separate audio input gains for analog and digital, a selectable all-pass filter for making voice energy more symmetrical along with 4 AGC's and 8 Peak Limiters and much more.
The VP-8 Plus ships with new GUI-LITE software that makes it simple for staff members of any skill level to adjust and operate.
For detailed information on the VP-8 Plus, click on the brochure.
Wheatstone VP-8 Plus Features:
• FM, AM, FM-HD, AM-HD, MP3/AAC>48k and MP3/AAC<48k modes
• Phase Rotator enhances voice symmetry for cleaner processing
• Automatic AES/Analog audio failover to backup input
• Event scheduler for automatic preset/daypart switching
• Four band parametric EQ (either before or after the AGC)
• Four band linear-phase crossover with adjustable frequencies
• Smooth and clean Vorsis multiband dynamics processing
• Precision, 'no-swish' eight band multi-band limiter
• Highly specialized pre-processing algorithms extract the best possible audio quality from codec-based applications
• FM and AM modes equipped with an advanced distortion masked clipper for loud, clean, absolute FM and AM peak control
• FM mode equipped with 'Reference Grade' stereo encoder
• AM mode offers adjustable positive asymmetry up to 150% as well as low frequency tilt correction and dual transmitter outputs
• AM Mode features selectable low pass filters for 4.5 kHz, 5 kHz, 5.5 kHz, 6.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, 6 kHz CCIR and 10 kHz NRSC
• Front panel setup and configuration menu eliminates the need for a PC during installation