The latest version of the Comrex ACCESS Portable IP Codec offers MPEG-4 and AAC algorithms and more USB connectivity (now with 2 USB ports!) to give you a perfect field remote for places you just can't (or don't want to) get to with a rack of gear.
Handheld operation makes it VERY convenient, but convenience is only the beginning. The Access Portable is a remote broadcaster's dream machine, loaded with everything you need to deliver high-quality broadcast audio over the public Internet. About the size of a camcorder, it can be powered for seven hours by its rechargeable battery. And for broadcasts that require larger mixing and headphone capabilities, it can be docked into a mixer/headphone management module (ACCESSMIXER: sold separately) to provide a full featured, tabletop, 5-channel stereo mixer/codec!
BRIC or Broadcast Reliable Internet Codec Technology consists of three key elements: 1) BRIC coding algorithms: Designed to provide reliable and stable high-quality audio when transmitting over the most demanding data circuits, these algorithms are very sophisticated in their ability to automatically correct themselves to insure their resistance to packet loss. 2) Dynamic Jitter Buffer Protocol: Constantly monitors network conditions and automatically makes adjustments to insure that audio integrity is maintained. It keeps the delay as low as possible while protecting against unwanted audio dropouts. 3) BRIC Traversal Server: Allows for easy connections through complicated firewalls as well as NAT servers and routers.
For detailed information on the Comrex ACCESS, click on the brochure.
Comrex ACCESS Features:
• Base model with XLR mic/line input, plus 1/8" stereo line in; 1/8" stereo out, 1/8" mobile I/O
• Uses BRIC technology to deliver broadcast audio over the public Internet
• User interface via integrated LCD/touchscreen display menus
• Web browser included for connection to Wi-Fi access points that require log-in
• Built-in Ethernet port; two USB ports
• Removable rechargeable battery supplies 7 hours of talk-time
• Connection to a range of other networks via integral Cardbus slot including: Modem Connections; 3G Cellular Links; Wi-Fi or Wi-Max Access cards
• Ethernet port acts as Internet sharing device, allowing use of laptops on circuits utilizing Cardbus cards
• MPEG-4 and AAC algorithms included for high-quality audio
• Can be docked into a mixer/headphone management module (ACCESSMIXER: sold separately)
• Includes BRIC TS Traversal Server Licenses