The Telos Z/IP ONE 1RU rackmount codec offers the capability to use public IP networks and mobile phone data services for high quality, trouble free audio transmission. The Z/IP does this automatically with minimal setup and very little delay. The connection is nearly bulletproof and traverses firewalls and NATs.
Z/IP ONE utilizes ACT (Agile Connection Technology) to continuously adapt to network conditions, minimizing the effects of packet loss, varying bandwidth, and jitter that can occur on real-world networks. It combines state-of-the-art loss detection and concealment, dynamic buffering, and auto-varying bitrate functions. When the network is well-behaved, you will benefit from the lowest possible delay and the highest possible fidelity. Should network conditions become challenging, the Z/IP automatically responds by lowering the bitrate and increasing the buffer length, doing everything possible to ensure audio makes it to your studio reliably.
In addition to wired connections, the Z/IP ONE is wireless-capable. Using standard USB wireless devices, the Z/IP can connect to IP networks via Wi-Fi, EVDO, UMTS, just to name a few. With ACT, the Z/IP uses every bit of the available bandwidth for the best audio performance.
Telos Z/IP ONE Features:
• Works with wired and wireless IP connections via Wi-Fi; includes matching Wi-Fi stick.
• Exclusive Agile Connection Technology (ACT) automatically senses network conditions and adapts codec performance to provide the best possible audio.
• Largest choice of high-performance codecs: AAC-ELD, AAC-HE, AAC-LD, MPEG Layer-2, MPEG-4 AAC-LC, MPEG-2 AAC-LC, G.711,G.722, and linear PCM. Enhanced aptX coding optional.
• Dual Ethernet ports for separate streaming and control, plus Livewire audio and GPIO I/O.
• Livewire and analog inputs and outputs are standard; AES/EBU I/O optional.
• Easy browser setup via built-in Web server.
• "Push Mode" for one-way network transmission.
• "Mulitiple Push Mode" for audio distribution to multiple destinations.
• Distributed Z/IP Server directory service, with multiple geolocations, lets you easily connect to other Z/IP ONE devices without the need for an IP address and also provides sophisticated NAT raversal support.
• Transparent, time-aligned RS-232 channel for remote control or metadata, e.g., RDS.
• Time-aligned 8-bit parallel GPIO port for signaling and control.
• Slim 1RU form factor is perfect for studio racks, remote kits or road cases.
• All Telos products include a 5 year warranty
Input Levels Menu Selectable :
+4dBu Pro -50dBu nominal microphone level
< 0.03% @ +12dBu
Freq Response :
+/- 1dB 25-22Hz – 20 kHz
Headroom : 18dB
Dynamic Range :
> 91dB “A” Weighted
Output Clipping :
Calculated Output Impedance :
50 Ohms, Differential
Calculated Input Impedance :
6k Ohms, Differential
Analog to Digital Converter :
Digital to Analog Converter :
Conformance and Compatibility :
Conforms to N/ACIP (Open) Standards
Fully supports Session Initiation Protocol 2.0 (SIP)
Compatible with TCP, UDP, DNS, Zephyr Xstream, Uncompressed PCM and other Internet Protocols. Codecs
SIP: G.711, G.712, MPEG Layer2, MPEG AAC, Linear PCM
MPEG AAC-Enhanced Low Delay (ELD)
High Efficiency AAC
Input : 110 - 240 VAC 3 terminal plug
Switch-mode power supply
Physical Dimensions :
19" x 1.75" x 13.8"