The Tieline Genie STL is a powerful and robust IP audio codec for point-to-point connections and studio-to-transmitter links.
Genie STL delivers superior quality IP audio over LANs, WANs, the Internet, satellite IP, 3G, 4G, Wi-MAX and Wi-Fi. It is specifically designed for continuous operation over mission critical audio paths throughout broadcast IP networks and is ideal for Stereo Studio-to-Transmitter Links (STLs), Stereo Studio-to-Studio Links or other point-to-point connections.
Genie STL is capable of 24bit 96kHz low latency linear PCM audio for superb sonic clarity. It also boasts a full complement of professional algorithms including the low delay and cascade-resiliant E-apt-X algorithm, as well as the popular LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, MPEG Layer II, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711 algorithms. Asymmetric encoding and decoding lets you send high quality audio in one direction and save on data by sending low bandwidth program on the return channel.
Genie STL offers multiple levels of power, audio and network redundancy. It features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000), dual redundant power supplies, automated audio silence detection and IP network backup solutions to ensure you're always on the air. Automated network failure detection provides switching to a backup IP LAN connection and automatic silence detection can failover to backup audio files on a thumb drive connected to the codec's USB port.
Genie STL comes with Tieline's renowned SmartStream IP software technology, providing advanced network management tools for dynamically responding to variable conditions over lossy IP networks, especially in situations when QoS is unavailable. SmartStream delivers the highest audio fidelity when broadcasting over IP, performance reliability over inexpensive unmanaged IP audio links like the public Internet (despite varying network conditions) and interoperability with other manufacturers and IP protocols.
SmartStream supports both IPv4 and IPv6 (Dual Stack) protocols, so with Genie STL broadcasters can be assured that they are set for well into the future. You can connect over IP with any SIP-enabled IP codec brand that supports the EBU N/ACIP tech 3326 standard, as well as VoIP telephone devices supporting G.711 and G.722.
Genie STL also works with Tieline's new Codec Management System, which allows you to use any computer to manage your entire network of IP codecs remotely. You can use this powerful system to create and manage primary and backup connections and view audio PPMs and IP statistics to maintain mission critical connections. You can even adjust individual codec settings like algorithms, jitter buffers and forward error correction.
Tieline Genie STL Features:
• DSP-based architecture designed for 24/7/365 operation
• 24 Bit 96kHz audio sampling (32kHz audio quality)
• Dual 1 Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports with automatic switching for redundancy
• Auto switching, dual redundant AC power supplies
• Stereo point-to-point audio
• Uncompressed PCM audio plus the low-delay, cascade resilient E-apt-X algorithm
• Other popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, MPEG Layer II, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711
• IPv4 and IPv6 compatible and ready
• Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode
• Integrated alarm management including automatic silence detection
• G5 Toolbox GUI enables remote codec control over WANs
• Codec Management System compatible for codec network management
• Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel
• Programmable software rules engine via a GUI for Control Port functions
• Streamlined codec wizards and GUI for configuration and control
• Connect to all Tieline IP codecs and Report-IT Live Enterprise Edition