It’s time to reimagine remote broadcasting with the definitive remote codec of our generation. Tieline’s revolutionary new ViA portable codec sets a new standard in wireless remote broadcasting and will fundamentally change the way you perform live remotes.
Picture yourself or an announcer taking your codec to a remote site, powering it up and tapping a single button on a color touchscreen to get connected – just like making a phone call. Wouldn’t it be great if remotes were that simple? Well now they are – with ViA.
Our mission is to empower you with the technology to go live where no broadcaster has been before, and make it simpler. To achieve this, ViA delivers more IP choices and backup options than ever before. Connect using dual LAN Ethernet ports, or 2 USB modems, or use the on-board Wi-Fi module to connect over Wi-Fi. Insert an optional POTS or ISDN module and the codec is instantly transformed to connect over alternative network transports. This means you can configure primary and backup connections over different network transports as required, or use them as your IFB circuit.
With Tieline’s proprietary Fuse-IP data aggregation technology you can bond any IP interfaces you choose, including options like:
• 2 USB modems, or
• On-board Wi-Fi, or
• Dual Ethernet LAN Ports.
Imagine the peace of mind knowing you can bond 2 USB modem data links from different Telcos and let Tieline’s Fuse-IP technology automatically manage the data capability of each link! Tieline understands flexibility is paramount for remotes, so you can even bond a USB modem with a Wi-Fi connection, or bond two Ethernet connections. ViA also includes Tieline’s SmartStream PLUS dual redundant streaming software, which has set the benchmark for redundant IP streaming over the public internet. Some manufacturers charge thousands of dollars for IP management software like SmartStream PLUS as an optional extra, however Tieline believes high performance and rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast, so you get it for FREE!
• Analog Audio Inputs: 3 x Female XLR mic / line inputs
• Analog Audio Outputs: 2 x Male XLR
• AES3 In: 1 x female XLR (Channel 1 in; shared with Ch1 analog input & Ch 1 AES42 input)
• AES42 (via input 1): 1 x female XLR (Channel 1 in; shared with Ch1 analog input)
• Auxiliary Inputs/Outputs: S/PDIF RCA in/out, or mini-USB in/out, or stereo 3.5mm Jack line input
• Headphones Out/Aux Out: 3 x 6.35mm (1/4”) Jacks
• Control Port In/Out: Four relay inputs and four opto-isolated outputs via DB15 connector.
• IP: Tieline Music, Tieline MusicPLUS, G.711, G.722, MPEG-1 Layer 2, MP3, LC-AAC, HE-AAC and HE-AACv2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, Opus, 16/24 bit Enhanced apt-X Enhanced IP (uncompressed): Linear PCM16/24 bit 48kHz sampling
• Data and Control Interfaces:
• USB: 2 x USB 2.0 Host ports
• LAN: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet ports
• Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
• ISDN via module: Optional via module slot
• POTS via module: Optional via module slot
• Serial: RS232 via female DB9 connector
Front Panel Interfaces:
• Display: 4.3 inch LED color touch screen
• Navigation: Touchscreen or 5 button keypad
• Dimensions: 5 5/16” x 3 1/4” x 7 7/8” [135mm (W) x 80mm (H) x 200mm (D) including rear connectors]
• Weight: 1.62 kg (with battery)
• Power: Li-ion internal battery or External 12VDC 3A Power Supply.