The ultra-compact XB-10 is perfect for small radio or internet broadcast studios, college and university radio stations, podcasting, content creation and more.
Despite its tiny footprint, XB-10 is packed with the kinds of specialised broadcast features that normally come at a much higher price. Radio-friendly tools include a telephone communication (telco) channel, mic channel ON switch sensing, stereo channel start/cue outputs for CD deck transport control and automatic muting of speaker outputs. A separate monitor mix can be created for operator and guest or presenter, and the operator can speak off-air to the studio or telephone callers using the ‘Talk’ feature.
XB-10’s preamps use low noise discrete transistor circuitry to achieve high gain and excellent linearity. Each mic channel comes equipped with our innovative CompACT compressor to keep the dynamic range of a presenter microphone under control. A variable limiter on the main output ensures that the final mix to air does not saturate expensive broadcast equipment.
The plug-n-play USB connection can be used for VoIP telephone calls, recording program material, playing jingles and more.
• 3 mic/line and 3 stereo inputs
• Telco channel with optional USB routing for VoIP
• CompACT compressors on mic channels
• ON switch logic on mic and telco channels
• Start/cue logic outputs on stereo channels
• Separate headphones mix and outputs
• Auto mutes on control room outputs
• Remote mute facility on mic channels
• Responsive 3-band, swept mid EQ with MusiQ
• Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
• XLR main outputs with inserts and variable limiter
• Aux / Alt bus for external processing, recording or auditioning
XB-10 comes with a full duplex USB soundcard built-in and many useful routing options for recording and broadcast applications.
XB-10 features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ design which utilises MusiQ with optimised slope for a variety of sources.
A variable limiter ensures the level does not exceed a pre-defined level. Back panel option switches allow the limiter to be bypassed. A trim pot is used to vary the threshold and an LED on the front panel indicates when the limiter has triggered.
XB-10 features our ComPACT compressor on each of its mic channels. CompACT (Adaptive Compression Technology) is a program-dependent audio leveller. Unlike other compressors, which are effective only at reducing loud sounds, CompACT combines both downward and upward compression with peak limiting. Low level signals are given a gain boost, mid level signals are mildly compressed with a soft knee response, and high level signals are limited.
• Mono channel Mic input (XLR) -10 to -60dBu for nominal (+11dBu in max)
• Mono channel Line input (TRS Jack socket) +10 to -40dBu (+30dBu maximum)
• Stereo input (TRS Jack sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +15dB)
• Stereo input (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +15dB)
• Telco channel input (TRS) +10 to -26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
• External monitor input (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu Nominal
• PGM L & R outputs (XLR) +4dBu nominal. +25dBu maximum.
• PGM L & R inserts (TRS jack sockets) -2dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
• Aux output (RCA phono socket) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
• Alt output (RCA phono socket) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
• Rec outputs (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
• Telco cleanfeed output (TRS Jack socket) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
• CRM Speaker outputs (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
• Mic in to PGM L/R Out, 15dB gain, 1kHz, +10dBu out 0.002%
• Mic in to PGM L/R Out, 30dB gain, 1kHz, 0dBu out 0.006%
• Line in to PGM L/R out, 0dB gain, 1kHz, 0dBu out 0.005%
• Stereo in to PGM out, 0dB gain, 1kHz, +10dBu out 0.002%
• Telco in to PGM L/R out, 0dB gain, 1kHz, 0dBu out 0.004%
USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder):
• USB Audio In/Out USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
• Sample Rate 32, 44.1, or 48kHz Noise:
• Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz -126dBu
• PGM out, PGM fader = 0, 22-22kHz -103dBu
• Aux out, Alt out, Rec out = 0, 22-22kHz < -93dBu
• Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) Outputs 21dB
• USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu) 14dB
• Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) Mix point 24dB Crosstalk & Attenuation (dB 22-22kHz):
• Mono fader attenuation (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -88/-88
• Mono ON switch attenuation (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -98/-98
• TELCO fader attenuation (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -90/-90
• TELCO ON switch attenuation (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -98/-98
• Stereo fader attenuation (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -86/-86
• Stereo ON switch attenuation (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -99/-96
• PGM fader attenuation (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -87/-87
• TELCO clean-feed isolation from I/P (dB relative to +10dBu) 1kHz/10kHz -94/-77 • Stereo separation, L in to PGM R out. dBr 1kHz/10kHz -75/-74
• Mic in to PGM L/R Out, 30dB gain +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
• Line in to PGM L/R out 0dB gain +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 20kHz
• Stereo in to PGM L/R out +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz