This Digital Alert Systems DASDEC-II Radio Encoder/Decoder features four (4) EAS audio inputs that require external receiver(s) for EAS radio reception.
The DASDEC-II from Digital Alert Systems represents the latest generation of flexible emergency messaging technology, and boasts powerful features covering all current requirements, while designed to handle future requirements with easy to upgrade software, flexible, proven hardware packaging, and support for a wide range of interfaces and communication standards.
The DASDEC-II improves on the features of the original acclaimed DASDEC. Its small single box design, available with integrated receivers, advanced hardware interfaces for easy adaptability to ever-evolving technology changes, simple software upgrades without un-cabling, un-racking, opening the case, removing parts, and reassembly, and a network-centric perspective using common web browsers and leveraging common information exchange protocols, earned the DASDEC-II a 2010 Cool Stuff award at the NAB convention in Las Vegas.
DASDEC-II supports the broadest range of physical connections and interface protocols in the industry. Whether simple GPI/O, over serial, USB, or IP-networking, all important 3rd party products like character generator/ crawl displays, master control and station automation are within the DASDEC's control capabilities.
Advancing on this proven platform, DASDEC-II covers both stereo analog and digital (AES) audio switching and incorporates a fail-safe bypass to eliminate off-air worries. And there's no need for alternate signal routing or switching equipment, saving cabling, configuration changes and money.
And the DASDEC-II is designed with the future in mind, so when the inevitable change happens you're prepared. Starting with DASDEC-II's dual on-board general purpose inputs and outputs (GPI/O) (2 in, 2 out) with selective FIPS/EAS message based triggering, there's a hardware expansion slot to accommodate either an 8 port GPI/O board, a dual audio input expansion for a total of 6 monitored inputs, or the MPEG output encoder. Moving outside the box DASCEC-II supports several optional network attached GPI/O modules for triggering equipment at co-located or remotely located sites.
Digital Alert Systems DASDEC-II Features:
• Web-browser user interface with tiered security; no special software, hardware, or IT support
• Architecture supports simultaneous monitoring by all users
• Dual language support
• Stereo analog and digital audio (AES) switching with fail-safe bypass
• Clock locked to atomic reference assuring continuous accuracy
• Stores thousands of events, with audio, in non-volatile memory
• EAS-NetTM compatible for exchanging EAS data and audio
• MultiStationTM option: One DASDEC replaces 5 separate endecs
• CAP - Common Alerting Protocol software option
• Up to 4 independent Ethernet ports for enhanced network performance
• Internal triple tri-band (AM/FM/WX) high performance receiver option fully adjustable via user interface
• Internal MPEG encoding option - direct insertion into digital broadcast streams