The Aphex Exciter 2-channel audio enhancer combines the renowned Aphex Aural Exciter and Optical Big Bottom into one compact unit.
Each of the Aural Exciter's two independent channels feature Tune, Harmonics and Mix controls, enabling you to focus on select frequencies just like an EQ. But unlike an EQ, the Aural Exciter's harmonic processing doesn't boost the signal's output level, maintaining a clear and balanced sound.
For individual sounds or entire mixes, the Aural Exciter brings out detail, clarity and imaging that elevates your sound without adding level. For vocals and spoken dialog, it can dramatically increase intelligibility. For individual instruments, it adds punch and presence. And on mixes, it adds power, presence and sparkle. The Aural Exciter is the ideal solution for breathing life into MP3s and other compressed audio files.
The Optical Big Bottom adds a deep, powerful low-frequency punch, without the unwanted level boost that comes from adding traditional EQ. Deeper, more resonant bass response with tighter articulation helps to extend low frequency power and spectrum without the build-up or driver-damaging tendencies of bass EQ.
Aphex Exciter Specifications:
• Frequency Response: 10Hz - 38 kHz (± 0.5dB)
• Dynamic Range: 120 dB
• Hum and Noise (unweighted 22Hz-22kHz): -93 dBu
• Crosstalk (10 Hz - 22kHz): -79 dB
• THD (10 Hz - 22kHz at max. output): .0003%
• IMD (10 Hz - 22kHz at max. output): .0007%
• Connector: XLR-3F and 1/4" TRS Phone Jacks
• Type: Transformerless, active balanced
• Balanced: 40k ohms
• Unbalanced: 20k ohms
• Maximum Level: +27 dBu (Level set to +4 dBu); +12.5 dBV (+14.8 dBu) (Level set to -10dBv (-7.8dBu))
• CMRR: >40 dB
• Connector: XLR-3M and 1/4" TRS Phone Jacks
• Type: Active balanced (may be used unbalanced)
• Balanced: 112 ohms
• Unbalanced: 56 ohms
• Maximum Level: +27dBu Unloaded; +25 into 600 ohms
• Power requirements: 90-250 VAC 50-60 Hz 12W
• Dimensions: 19"W x 1.75"H x 8.25" D 1 Rack U (482.6mm x 44.5mm x 209.6mm)
• Net Weight: 6 lbs (2.73 kg)