The MOTU 828mk3 advanced FireWire audio interface provides ten channels of pristine 192 kHz analog recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of ADAT digital I/O and stereo S/PDIF. Expand your system by connecting additional MOTU FireWire audio interfaces or the 8pre mic input expander.
The MOTU 828mk3 is equally well suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 828mk3 provides 28 separate inputs and 30 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front panel headphone outs.
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer - with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven compression, EQ and reverb to every input and output, independent of your host computer. When recording from the mic/guitar inputs, the 828mk3's signal overload protection gives you an extra 12 dB of headroom above zero with no digital clipping or harsh artifacts.
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the 828mk3 from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
The MOTU 828mk3 provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
MOTU 828mk3 Features:
• CueMix FX, a flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output
• 28 inputs / 30 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz)
• Front-panel control
• Stand-alone operation
• Multiple CueMix FX mixes
• Two front panel combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4" guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain
• Mic/guitar instrument sends
• Clip protection
• Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
• Precision Digital Trim
• Flexible optical I/O: 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96 kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink
• Sample-accurate MIDI: connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed; MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software
• Expandable: add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow
• Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control
• Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
• Word clock in and out
• SMPTE in and out
• Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI; supports all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software
• 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs
• Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync
• Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire
• Front panel volume control for monitoring; Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available
• Two front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls
• Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs
• Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs
• International 100-240V, 50-60 Hz autoswitching power supply