This frequency agile IFB transmitter is designed for use in broadcast, motion picture, theater, and stage applications where extended operating range and high quality audio are essential. Delivering 250 mW of output power, it works as either a stand-alone device or patched directly into popular intercom systems.
256 UHF frequencies in 100kHz steps provide exceptional flexibility in coordinating frequencies in multi-channel wireless systems and avoiding interference from external RF signal sources and noise.
Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid Wireless systems overcome channel noise in a dramatically new way, digitally encoding the audio in the transmitter and decoding it in the receiver, yet still sending the encoded information via an analog FM wireless link. This proprietary algorithm is not a digital implementation of an analog compandor but a technique that can be accomplished only in the digital domain, even though the inputs and outputs are analog.
Because it uses an analog FM link, Digital Hybrid Wireless enjoys all the benefits of conventional FM wireless systems, such as excellent range, efficient use of RF spectrum, and resistance to interference. However, unlike conventional FM systems, it does away with the analog compandor and its artifacts.
This model is available in each of the following frequency blocks. Please specify when ordering. This item number is Block 19 (486.400 - 511.900 MHz)
• Digital Hybrid Wireless technology
• Compatible with Lectrosonics 400 Series, 100 Series, 200 Series, Mode 3, Mode 6, and IFB
• 256 UHF frequencies in 100kHz steps
• Microprocessor controlled operation
• 250 mW power output for long range use
• Pilot tone squelch control
• Multi-use XLR input jack
• Built-in microphone preamp
• DIP switch programmable intercom input
• Tx mute for frequency scrolling
• Multi-function LCD display
• Rugged machined aluminum construction
• Locking whip antenna included
• Frequencies (Channels per block): 256
• Channel Spacing: 100 kHz (0.1 MHz)
• RF Power Output: 250 mW
• Spurious & Harmonic Suppression: 37 dBc above 1 GHz
• Frequency Stability: ±.001% (10 ppm) @ 25° C
• Temperature Stability: ±.001% (10 ppm) from -30° C to +50° C
• Channel Selection: Momentary pushbutton switches, TUNE Up and Down Compatibility Modes (6) Digital Hybrid Wireless(tm) (400 Series), 100 Series, 200 Series, Mode 3, Mode 6, and IFB
• Pilot Tone: 29.997 kHz IFB & 100 MODE, 32.765kHz 200 MODE, 400 MODE step selected
• Modulation: FM, ±20 kHz deviation IFB & 100 MODE, ±75kHz 200 & 400 MODE
• Audio Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 8 kHz, ±1 dB, IFB MODE system response (see Rolloff) 30Hz to 20kHz ±1dB , 200 & 400 MODE system response (see Rolloff)
• Rolloff: Low frequency audio rolloff is Menu selectable for 3 dB down at 35 Hz or 50 Hz.
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 90 dB typical (“A” weighted)
• Audio Compressor: 2 to 1 IFB, 100, and 200 Mode
• Output Impedance: 50 ohms
• Audio Input Levels:
• 0 dBu for Line, RTS1 & RTS2
• -10 dBu for Clear Com
• -42 dBu for mic dry inputs (no phantom power)
• +/-50Vdc max
• Audio Input Config: Balanced and Unbalanced, rear panel selectable for Line, Mic. RTS 1, RTS 2, and Clear Comm
• Audio Input Impedance: Greater than 2 K balanced, greater than 1 K unbalanced at any gain setting
• Gain Control Range: -18 dB to +24 dB (0 dB nominal center),
• Menu selectable
• Audio Input Jack: Standard XLR female connector
• Input Power: 12 to 14 VDC typical, 200 ma. max.; Max. Input Range 6 to 18 VDC
• Power Input Jack: Coax type, locking LZR RL26AE
• Indicators: Backlit Liquid Crystal Display. Displays modulation meter, frequencies, modes, rolloff, audio level, and tuning groups.
• Front panel controls:
• MENU momentary pushbutton switch
• Power OFF-TUNE-XMIT, 3 position slide switch
• Select Up momentary pushbutton switch
• Select down momentary pushbutton switch
• Rear panel controls: Input Mode Select, 4 section DIP switch
• Weight: 9 ozs.
• Size: 5.25” L (including connectors) x 3.25” W x 1.25” H