The TASCAM DR-40 four-track portable SD recorder offers adjustable built-in mics, balanced XLR inputs and extended battery life to give you the flexibility you need to record tracks anywhere. It also features a pair of great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
The DR-40's four-track recording mode gives you several options to record, indicated by LEDs on the front of the unit. The recording modes include:
Record a stereo signal with a copy of that stereo signal at a lower level. This gives you a safety track you can use in case the main recording is distorted.
Record the built-in microphones along with a pair of external mics, like close-up and ambient microphones. Or record the built-in mics along with a balanced line input, such as the feed from a mixer along with the sound in the room.
Play along with a recording you've already made to build up a full production or song demo.
You can record up to four channels of 96kHz/24-bit audio. Mono and stereo recording is also available.
The DR-40 also offers a simple, easy to use menu system, mini-USB 2.0 connectivity for high-speed file transfer, a limiter and low cut filter for cleaner takes, a reverb effect for a more processed sound, a built-in speaker for fast monitoring and much more. A tripod mount, a mini USB 2.0 cable and a 2GB SD card are included.
Not sure which recorder works for your needs? Compare all of our recording devices features and specs with ease right here!.
TASCAM DR-40 Features:
• Adjustable stereo condenser microphones: Set to X/Y for a direct sound with tight stereo imaging, or open up to A/B for more room sound
• Four-track recording: Record the built-in microphones and the XLR ins, or record a lower-level safety track
• 32 to 320 kbps MP3 recording: Record web-ready MP3 files without conversion
• Locking XLR mic/line input with phantom power: Connect condenser microphones requiring power or balanced line signals
• Up to 96kHz/24-bit BWF recording: High-resolution recording for the best dynamic range
• Quick Menu: Easily set recording functions with a minimum of menus
• Peak Reduction: Reliably set the input level automatically, without it automatically turning back up later (best for music)
• Limiter and low cut filter: Reduce sudden peaks and rumble for cleaner takes
• Reverb effect: Process your recording for a “mixed” sound
• Two-button record: Easy to use, just press REC twice to start recording
• VSA changes playback speed from 50% to 200%: Learn new music, transcribe meetings, or practice
• Records to SD card media (2GB card included): Compact media available from any cell phone store
• Mini USB 2.0 jack and cable: Transfer recordings to computer at high speed or power the unit with optional PS-P515U adaptor
• Timer recording: Unit waits 5-10 seconds until you are ready to play
• Built-in speaker: Quickly review playback
• Tripod Mount: Place on a stand for tabletop recording
• Optional RC-10 and RC-3F remote control: Wired or footswitch remote operation
• 17.5-hour battery life at CD-quality recording