Call us at (800) 426-8434
BSW PART: 703-00
Inovonics' 703 is the newest "Mini Encoder" and the first in line of inovonics' cost-effective INOmini products. This is the quick and inexpensive way to an RDS/RBDS presence, with easy USB programming using the supplied Windows software. Your station's data goes into non-volatile memory, and the unit may then be re-installed at the transmitter site. The 703 will identify your station by format, display your station's "street name", and continuously transmit station promos or advertising message to your listeners. An optional rack-mount kit accommodates up to three INOmini-style products.
•A quick-and-easy way to a useful RDS/RBDS presence
• Scrolling-PS and Radio Text static messaging (up to 128 characters)
• LCD display •USB-programmable using the self-guiding Windows® software (included)
• Encoder programming is easily confirmed on-site without a computer
• Rapid data transfer allows scrolling messages to be updated in seconds
• The 703 INOmini may be used with any stereo-generator and exciter
• RDS APPLICATIONS SUPPORTED:
• PS (Program Service Name) At the user’s option, the PS entry may be either a static 8-character informal station ID (a ‘street name’ such as LIVE 105), or a scrolling station promo or advertising message up to 128 characters in length. PS entries are displayed on the faceplate of every RDS radio, and on most cell phones and MP3 players that have built-in FM radios. The display mode and scrolling rate of PS messages are user-programmable
• PI (Program Identification) Every RDS station is identified by a unique numerical code, its ‘digital address.’ North American ‘K’, ‘W’ and ‘C’ call signs are automatically converted to the proper PI code by 703 software. In other countries the PI code is assigned by the local Broadcasting Authority and is entered numerically
•A F (Alternative Frequencies) Enter as many as 25 frequencies of rebroadcast ‘translators’ or other sources of the very same program as the main channel. This helps RDS radios seek the best signal source for a particular listening location
• RT (RadioText) This 64-character block of plain text is separate from, and in addition to, the scrolling PS message. Generally used for additional information about the station, such as a Web address or telephone number, this text is accessed with the INFO or TEXT button on some radios
• M/S (Music/Speech Switch) A service flag that identifies the transmission as a mixed music program or a speech-only (news/talk) station
• DI (Decoder Information) Part of the RDS protocol identifying the transmission as stereophonic
• MPX SAMPLE INPUT: An unbalanced, high-impedance-bridging input (BNC), requiring a composite/MPX sample or 19kHz sync signal from the stereo generator at a level between 0.5V and 5.0V p-p. The 703 does not incorporate an internal timebase to support monaural transmission.
• RDS OUTPUT: An unbalanced 75-ohm source (BNC); the output level is adjustable between zero and 3V p-p.
• PROGRAMMING PORT: A Universal Serial Bus (USB) interface for direct connection with the USB port of any PC; the interconnect cable is provided. Self-guiding programming software is provided on CD-ROM or may be downloaded from the Inovonics Website, and may be run on any PC with Windows or higher OS.
• POWER REQUIREMENTS: 105-130VAC and 210-260VAC; 50/60Hz; 20W.
• SIZE AND SHIPPING WEIGHT: 11” x 9” x 2”; 2 lbs/280mm x 228mm x 51mm ; 0.9 kg
List Price: $590.00$489.00Free Shipping!Usually Ships From Factory Within 1-2 DaysYou Saved:$101.00 (17%)
View ALL Inovonics Products