The Mackie 1402-VLZ3 14-channel mixer offers premium features and maximum flexibility. It gives you six mono mic/line channels and four stereo line-input channels, for a total of 14 input channels. Each channel has a 3-band EQ, Aux 1 and 2 sends, Pan, Mute/Alt, Solo and a 60mm fader. The mic/line channels have phantom power, an input Gain control with 60 dB of gain, a sharp 18 dB/octave, 75 Hz Low Cut filter and a Channel Insert jack for connecting an external processor. The Mute/Alt 3-4 switch effectively creates a second stereo bus. The Mute button on each channel mutes that channel in the Main Mix, but also acts as a router to the 3-4 stereo bus for increased signal routing flexibility.
The Control Room/Phones section has its own level control, outputs and input matrix for selecting any combination of Main Mix, Tape In and Alt 3-4 to create custom headphone mixes, to monitor tape levels and more. A separate switch routes this multi-source signal back into the Main Mix.
Aux Send 1 has a master level control and a switch for selecting pre- or post-fader send, whereas Aux Send 2 is a fixed post-fader send, perfect for effects loops. There are two stereo returns, with a switch to route Stereo Return 2 to Aux Send 1 (to include reverb in the monitors, for example).
Other features include a stereo tape input and output, a 1/4-inch stereo headphone jack, stereo 12-segment LED meters, and both TRS and XLR stereo output jacks, with a mic/line level switch on the XLR outs.
Mackie 1402-VLZ3 Features:
• Ultra-low noise 14-channel mixer with highest possible headroom
• 6 studio-grade XDR2 Extended Dynamic Range mic preamps with: ultra-wide 60dB gain range, 130dB dynamic range, +22dBu line input handling, extended low frequency response, distortion under 0.0007% (20Hz - 20kHz) and phantom power for studio condenser mics
• 12 high-headroom line inputs
• Advanced DC pulse transformer RF rejection
• 2 Aux sends, level, pan and PFL solo on each channel
• 2 stereo Aux returns + EFX to Monitor
• 3-Band Active EQ (80Hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)
• 18dB/oct. 75Hz Lo-Cut filter on Mic input channels
• ALT 3/4 stereo bus for added versatility
• Control Room/Phones source matrix
• Rack-mountable design using optional rack ears
• Sealed rotary controls to resist dust and grime
• Multi-Voltage power supply for worldwide use
• Rugged steel chassis
• Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC