The Mackie 1642-VLZ3 16-channel mixer offers superior sound quality, wide dynamic range, tons of headroom and extremely low noise, allowing you to create high-quality professional output.
The 1642-VLZ3 is equipped with eight mono mic/line channels (channels 1-8), two mono mic/stereo line channels (channels 9-12), and two stereo line input channels (channels 13-16). In addition, there are four subgroup outputs, a stereo main out, and a mono main out.
The eight mono mic/line channels have an input Gain control with 60 dB of gain, phantom power, a sharp 18 dB/octave, 75 Hz Low Cut filter, a 3-band EQ with sweepable mid, four Aux sends, Pan, Mute, Solo, assign switches, a 60 mm fader, a Direct Out and a Channel Insert jack for connecting an external processor. The two mono mic/stereo line channels have all the same features as channels 1-8 except they are equipped with a 4-band EQ. The two stereo line input channels have the same features as channels 9-12 except the input Gain has 40 dB of gain and there is no Low Cut filter.
The Control Room and Phones sections each have their own level control and outputs. The input matrix selects any combination of Main Mix, Tape In and Subs to create custom headphone mixes, to monitor tape levels and more.
Aux Send 1 and 2 each have a master level control and a switch on each channel for selecting pre- or post-fader send, whereas Aux Send 3 and 4 are a fixed post-fader send, perfect for effects loops. There are four stereo returns with various routing options for each return.
Other features include a stereo tape input and output, two 1/4-inch stereo headphone jacks, stereo 12-segment LED meters, BNC lamp socket, TRS and XLR stereo output jacks, with a mic/line level switch on the XLR outs.
• Ultra-low noise 16-channel mixer with highest possible headroom
• 10 studio-grade XDR2 Extended Dynamic Range mic preamps with: ultra-wide 60dB gain range, 130dB dynamic range, +22dBu line input handling, extended low frequency response, distortion under 0.0007% (20Hz - 20kHz) and phantom power for studio condenser mics
• 16 high-headroom line inputs (4 stereo pairs, 8 mono)
• Advanced DC pulse transformer RF rejection
• 4 Aux sends, level, pan - 20dB/Solo and OL/Mute LEDs on each channel
• 2 stereo Aux returns + EFX to Monitor
• 3-Band Active EQ with sweepable midrange on mono channels
• 4-band Active EQ on stereo channels
• 18dB/oct. 75Hz Lo-Cut filter on Mic input channels
• Control Room/Phones multi-input source matrix with separate level controls
• Balanced 1/4" inputs and outputs (except inserts)
• Rack-mountable design using optional rack ears
• Sealed rotary controls to resist dust and grime
• Multi-Voltage power supply for worldwide use
• Rugged steel chassis
• Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC