Taking up less space than 2 square feet, the compact, 16-channel Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 performance and recording digital mixer offers 8 mono input channels and 4 stereo channels and provides 12 XMAX Class A solid-state mic preamps.
The 16.0.2 is loaded with features and processing power, employs the same workflow and easy-to-use mixing-surface design as the bigger StudioLive boards, and sounds just as good, with the same high-definition, wide-dynamic-range, digital converters.
The 16.0.2's Fat Channel is well stocked with compressors, limiters, gates, phase reverse, high-pass filters, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ. Two stereo, 32-bit floating-point effects processors deliver delay and reverb effects.
The 16.0.2 offers something the two bigger StudioLive boards don't: MIDI In and Out. You can recall Scenes from a DAW using MIDI Program Changes, control the main output volume and effects level, and even mute effects between songs.
The 16.0.2 integrates a 16x16 FireWire interface and comes with Capture, Studio One Artist recording and production software, and Virtual StudioLive, bidirectional control software, and it works great with free SL Remote iPad and iPhone control apps.
Smaart Measurement Technology: Presonus has begun to incorporate Rational Acoustics' highly regarded Smaart Measurement Technology directly into our Virtual StudioLive remote-control/editor/librarian software for StudioLive™ mixers. The first module from Smaart Measurement Technology to be implemented is Smaart Spectra™, which is part of PreSonus Universal Control 1.6 and later. (Download Universal Control free from the Technical Support section of the PreSonus Web site.)
Now you can really put StudioLive's graphic EQ to work improving the sound of your P.A. Precisely identify nasty feedback frequencies. Get your loudspeakers to play nicer with the room they're in — all without having a degree in acoustical engineering.
VSL’s Smaart implementation is accessible and intuitive, so that inexperienced users can make basic adjustments to the system, and experienced users can adjust the system quickly and precisely.
Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 Features:
• 8 mono mic/line channel inputs, each with: high-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifier, XLR mic and balanced 1/4" line inputs, 60 mm precision fader
• 4 stereo line channel inputs, with: high-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifier (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15), XLR mic inputs (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15), balanced 1/4" line inputs (Ch. 9-16), unbalanced RCA line inputs (Ch. 13-16), 60 mm precision fader (4 stereo)
• 4 Auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
• 2 Internal FX buses
• 2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with customizable reverb and delay presets
• Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with:
• 3-band semi-parametric EQ (individual band on/off)
• Full-featured compressor
• Standard downward expander
• Phase reverse (12 mic preamplifiers only)
• Pan with dedicated 15-LED display
• Stereo link for input channels and aux buses
• High-pass filter
• One 31-band stereo graphic EQ (on main outputs only)
• 16-in/16-out FireWire recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
• Compatible with most audio software via ASIO, Windows Audio, Core Audio
• Scene store and recall
• Settings can be copied among channels and buses and saved as user presets
• Software bundle for Mac and Windows includes: PreSonus Studio One Artist digital audio workstation, PreSonus Capture live-recording software, PreSonus Universal Control with Virtual StudioLive bidirectional mixer-control software
• Lockout mode protects your settings from meddlers and accidents
• MIDI Control Mode provides control over:
• Scene and FX Preset recall
• Main Volume, FXA, and FXB output levels
• FXA and FXB assign/unassign to Mains
Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 System Requirements:
• Windows 7, Vista, XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
• Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or faster recommended)
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
• Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later (32-bit and 64-bit)
• PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Macintosh Systems:
• IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port
• Internet connection recommended
• DVD-ROM drive
• Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended