The Broadcast Tools® Silence Sentinel® Standard is designed to monitor any two stereo analog audio sources for silence or an out of phase condition, polarity, generate alarms and transparently switch to a back-up source using mechanically latching relays. Additional features include: front panel controls, remote control inputs and status outputs; plug-in euroblock screw terminals; dipswitch selection of silence detection of -20, -25, -30 and -35db below zero reference; precise alarm timing delay from off to 85 minutes; precise restore timing delay from off to 21 minutes. The Silence Sentinel® Standard may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or optional RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to three units in 1-RU.
• Transparent stereo program switcher with front panel input selection switches and indicator LED’s.
• Front panel “Manual/Automatic” switch with front panel LED, remote input and open collector status output.
• Stereo output LED level display.
• “External Ext” alarm trigger input with front panel LED indicator.
• Front Panel Power/Heartbeat LED.
• Dipswitch selection of silence detection of -20, -25, -30 and -35dB below zero reference.
• Dipswitch selection of reverse polarity (out of phase) detection.
• Dipswitch selection of alarm time delay from OFF to 8 minutes, 30 seconds in 2 second increments or 85 minutes in 20 second increments.
• Dipswitch selection of restore timing delay from OFF to 21 minutes in 20 second increments.
• Audio switching via mechanical latching sealed relays utilizing 2-form-C bifurcated - crossbar silver alloy with gold overlay contacts.
• Two independent SPDT alarm relays and LED indicators.
• Two pulse open collector alarm outputs.
• Active balanced stereo input level monitoring.
• Logic functions via microprocessor and non-volatile memory
• Plug-in euroblock screw terminals, mating plugs supplied.
• Fully RFI proofed.
• Surge protected internal power supply, PS-1515 universal switching +/-15VDC power supply with domestic connectors supplied. International AC connectors optional.
• Each unit may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or rack-mounted with the optional RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to three units in 1-RU.