The Yamaha M7CL-32 Digital Mixing Console offers professional performance and features for live sound in a 32- channel system that can actually be easier to use than a conventional analog console. Note: Photo shown is 48-channel model with optional meter bridge (MBM7CL sold separately).
With its Centralogic™ interface, the M7CL-32 doesn't bother to try to simulate the feel of an analog mixer, but rather utilizes the unique strengths of digital technology to bring you digital operation that's as intuitive as analog. A touch-panel display combined with Yamaha's selected channel concept and a straightforward navigation system lets you focus in on any operation directly and instantly.
The M7CL-32 boasts an impressive virtual effect and EQ rack that can be called upon with the touch of a button. With a few more touches on the screen you can easily patch effects or graphic EQ into any channel and output. With another touch or two you can get right inside the effects for detailed editing. The M7CL-32 lets you use up to 8 signal processors simultaneously for near-infinite sound shaping possibilities.
The days of 2 digital baby steps forward, 1 digital baby step back will soon be a distant memory. Stride the audio earth like a colossus with the M7CL-32.
Breaking news! Yamaha now offers a major software upgrade to its M7CL 32- and 48-channel digital mixing consoles: M7CLv3.5 and File Converter software application. The File Converter application, available for both Mac OS and Windows platforms, converts file formats between PM5D and M7CL as well as M7CL and LS9 consoles, providing data compatibility between consoles. A PM5D or LS9, for example, can be brought in to replace an M7CL, using mix data originally created on the M7CL. The File Converter function will also convert parameters for multiple scenes (including HA and Ch Name).
Several new features have been added to the new M7CLv3.5 firmware release. The firmware contains numerous new functions that will further enhance operation and efficiency of the M7CL console. New alternate functions for the Selected Channel have been added that can be assigned to User Defined Keys for even greater efficiency
The M7CLv3.5 and File Converter software will be available by download free of charge at Yamaha's website for all existing M7CL users, and new console purchasers will receive the software pre-installed at no additional charge.
• 32 mono microphone/line inputs, 4 stereo inputs, and 3 mini-YGDAI card slots (a total of 56 or 40 mixing channels).
• 16 mix buses, LCR bus, 8 matrix channels, and 8 DCAs assignable to 16 omni outputs.
• Virtual effect and EQ rack: up to 4 simultaneous multi-effect processors; up to 8 simultaneous 31-band graphic EQs.
• Centralogic™ interface: central, logical, and intuitive.
• Dual power modes: use the built in power supply, or add an external PW800W power supply unit (optional) for failsafe dual-supply operation.
• Compact and lightweight: 32 channels in the space and weight normally required for 24.
• Sampling Frequency (Internal): 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
• Sampling Frequency (External): Normal rate 44.1 kHz (-10%) to 48 kHz (+6%)
• Signal Delay: Less than 2.5 ms INPUT to OMNI OUT (@ Sampling frequency = 48 kHz)
• Fader: 100mm motorized x 62 (46)
• Touch Screen LCD: 800 x 600 dot TFT LCD
• Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.05% 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ +4 dBu into 600 Ohms
• Frequency Response: 0.5, -1.5 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ +4 dBu into 600 Ohms
• Dynamic Range: 110 dB typ. DA Converter (OMNI OUT) @ fs=48 kHz, 108 dB typ. AD + DA (to OMNI OUT)
• Hum & Noise: -128 dBu typ. Equivalent Input Noise -86 dBu residual output noise (OMNI OUT) STEREO Master off
• Maximum Voltage Gain: 86 dB INPUT1-48 to OMNI OUT
• Crosstalk (@1 kHz): -80 dB adjacent input channels (INPUT1-48, ST IN 1-4 [L, R], OMNI OUT 1-16)
• Phantom Power: 48V
• Dimensions (W x H x D mm): M7CL-32: 1,060 x 286 x 701
• Net Weight: M7CL-32: 42 kg, M7CL-48: 50 kg
• Power Requirements: AC100-240V 50 Hz / 60 Hz
• Power Consumption: M7CL-32: 250W, M7CL-48: 300W
• Operation free-air Temperature Range: 10 - 35 ºC
• Storage Temperature Range: -20 - 60 ºC