Call us at (800) 426-8434
Ever since the 1970's the iconic white woofer and signature sound of Yamaha's nearfield reference monitors have become a genuine industry standard for a reason - their accuracy. Unlike studio monitors with added bass or treble frequencies which may sound more flattering at first, HS Series speakers were designed to give you the most honest, precise reference possible, providing an ideal sonic platform to build on throughout the mixing process. By combining acquired knowledge and expertise with state-of-the-art sound technologies, Yamaha's speaker engineering team have examined, then optimized, every aspect that has contributed to making these monitors the most trusted in the business. The second generation HS Series also adds a new 6.5" model to the lineup, bringing its exceptional accuracy to an even greater variety of recording environments.
NEWLY DEVELOPED TRANSDUCERS:
The HS Series features newly developed transducers that achieve astonishingly smooth response over a wide range of bandwidth. These transducers utilize an advanced magnetic field design that regulates the flow of magnetic response to provide seamless, natural sonic transitions. Each component's materials and design were carefully re-examined, then optimized, to drastically improve the accuracy of signal reproduction throughout the audio spectrum.
- Tweeter The HS Series features a newly designed, highly efficient 1" dome tweeter that extends the usable frequency range considerably and delivers superb high-resolution sound. Utilizing a thick wave guide designed to minimize vibration the new tweeter is able to deliver smooth, distortion-free high end up to 30 kHz.
- Woofer With newly designed, ultra-responsive woofers that utilize large, carefully selected magnets, HS Series monitors produce low distortion sound with a well-defined bottom end at any output level. All of the components in these high-power woofers, including the woofer ring and the basket further contribute to the HS Series' stunning bass while providing clear, accurate mids.
• 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
• 38Hz - 30kHz frequency response
• 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 120W power amplification
• ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
• XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
• Newly Developed Transducers
• Low Resonance Enclosure Design
• Speaker type 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
• Frequency range (-10dB) 38Hz - 30kHz
• Components LF 8" cone
• HF 1" dome
• Crossover 2kHz
• Output power 120W (LF:75W, HF:45W)
• I/O connectors XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
• Power consumption 60W
• Shape Bass-reflex type
• Cabinet material MDF
• Dimensions W 250mm (9.8") H 390mm (15.4") D 334mm (13.1")
• Net weight 10.2kg (22.5 lbs.)
• Others LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
List Price: $499.00$349.99Free Shipping!Coming Soon (usually will ship within a week)You Saved:$149.01 (30%)
View ALL Yamaha Products