The Broadcast Tools SS 4.1 PLUS passively switches or routes a variety of electrical signals to a destination. The SS 4.1 PLUS selects any one of four stereo inputs to a single stereo output. The SS 4.1 PLUS provides PASSIVE switching through gold contact relays. The passive switching means that the unit can route a signal in either direction. Due to the passive nature of the switching, any input level and impedance can be used. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced, while output levels, impedance, distortion, noise and balancing will match that of the selected input. In addition to their normal use with audio signals, the unit can also be used to switch AES/EBU digital signals and telephone lines.
• Operational control by front panel switches with LED indicators, contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic levels and/or the multi-drop bi-directional RS-232 serial port
• Plug-in euroblock screw terminals are provided for audio and remote control connections
• Internal silence sensor monitors the output and is equipped with a front panel LED indicator; SPST alarm relay and adjustable SS alarm delay and restore timing duration
• The “ACT” circuit performs as an audio activity monitor with front panel LED indicator
• Eight remote inputs, user configured for remote control or “PIP” (trigger) inputs.
• Four open collector outputs provide remote channel status.
• Configuration via dipswitches, serial port menu or burst mode.
• The SS 4.1 PLUS may be set on a desktop, mounted on a wall or up to three units on one RA-1 rack shelf (rack shelf sold separately).