The Hosa Technology CBT-500 Cable Tester can quickly and easily check the integrity of a wide range of cables. The compact, handheld unit is capable of testing any of the following cable terminations:
• XLR (3-pin and 5-pin)
• Balanced and unbalanced phone (standard guitar-type cable)
• Phono (RCA)
• speakON (with support for 2-pole, 4-pole, and 8-pole connectors)
• DIN (multi-pin, including 5-pin DIN commonly used for MIDI equipment)
• Ethernet (RJ-45)
• USB Type A to Type B (standard USB to the square USB connector found on most audio interfaces)
The CBT-500 is simple to use, thanks to its front panel rotary knob and two rows of eight LEDs. The LEDs give you convenient visual feedback on the individual pins found in any of the supported cable types. The rotary knob lets you switch quickly from one pin to the next.
The CBT-500 also boasts a pair of removable leads for testing additional connectors and jacks. It runs on a 9-volt battery (battery included).
Hosa CBT-500 Features:
• Powered by 9-volt battery (included)
• Two rows of LED display
• Removable leads
• Rugged, metal construction