The Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 is an 8 in/6 out USB 2.0 audio interface offering superb sonic performance and flexibility for home studio recording and mixing.
With its two high-quality mic preamps, two additional analog inputs, four analog outputs, S/PDIF and MIDI, it delivers true multi-track recording. Two Hi-Z instrument inputs let you plug straight in without the need to buy additional DI boxes, and two virtual Loopback inputs are also available for routing digital audio between software applications (ideal for capturing online audio).
Included with the Scarlett 8i6 is Scarlett MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer. Offering great flexibility, the MixControl software lets you create six separate mixes with ultra-low-latency. Route any combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of the Scarlett 8i6 outputs. Intuitive one-click configurations help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite is included, adding Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ to your recording system. Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included, featuring Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 Features:
• Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
• 24-bit/96kHz USB interface featuring professional conversion and jitter reduction technology
• Total I/O count of 8 inputs and 6 outputs
• Unique Loopback facility for routing audio between software applications via Scarlett MixControl
• Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency
• Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite for mixing, featuring compression, reverb, gating and EQ
• Xcite+ Software Bundle featuring a plethora of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8
• Two Hi-Z instrument inputs
• Dedicated front-panel headphone bus offering a fully customized monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel
• Front panel volume dial provides immediate control over the main stereo outputs
• Switchable phantom power across both mic pre inputs, globally switchable direct from the front fascia
• Software PFL to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix