Take your sound new heights with the high-speed, high-resolution, low-latency, and ultra-portable UAC-2 USB 3.0 Superspeed Audio converter. The bus-powered UAC-2 adds two channels of 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution audio to any USB 2.0 or 3.0-equipped Windows or Mac computer—even to your iPad.* It utilizes USB 3.0 SuperSpeed technology for low latency and includes advanced features such as 4x upsampling, Loopback, and MIDI I/O. Plug in any microphone, line-level device, or instrument and use the UAC-2 for onstage playback, recording to a DAW, or enjoyment of high-res audio in your home or office. You can also use it for fast low-latency webcasting, podcasting, gaming, and other live streaming applications.
Webcasting, podcasting, gaming, and live-streaming:
Broadcast your creativity, enhance your gaming experience, and share your performance with the world. The UAC-2's Loopback function combines the input from connected mics, instruments, and line-level devices along with background music or other audio tracks being played back by your computer and then instantly routes a custom blend of the signals to your favorite streaming software.
Recording and archiving:
Pair a UAC-2 with your DAW and create great audio in any recording environment. Connect a wide variety of microphones, line-level devices, and instruments. Use Direct Monitoring for zero-latency overdubbing. Sync your MIDI controllers, sound modules, and drum machines. Archive your favorite recordings in high-resolution formats. The UAC-2 provides everything you need, in one compact device.
Desktop audio enhancement:
Think your headphones and speakers already sound pretty great? Try plugging them into the UAC-2 instead of your computer's audio outputs and treat yourself to the true experience. Now you can enjoy the ultimate in streamed high-resolution audio—all the way up to 24-bit/192kHz—in full fidelity.
The UAC-2 is an incredibly versatile interface. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in an AC adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad.
USB 3.0 SuperSpeed:
The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer protocol supported by the UAC-2 is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. The result? Low-latency (2.2ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples) for improved performance from your DAW software, and a stable data stream that is unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source. What's more, the extra bus voltage carried by USB 3.0 (900 mA, as opposed to the 500 mA carried by USB 2.0) allows for the use of higher-end electronic components such as the advanced preamps and converters in the UAC-2.
• 2-in/2-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
• Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
• Loopback function for webcasting, podcasting, gaming, and other live streaming applications
• Low latency overdubbing and direct monitoring for zero-latency monitoring in mono or stereo
• Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic- and line-level signal
• Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
• Switchable +48V phantom power
• Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
• ¼" headphone jack with dedicated level control
• Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
• Large knob output volume control
• Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
• MIDI In and Out
• Compatible with all popular DAW and streaming software, including Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and others
• High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
• 120dB of dynamic range
• 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
• Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
• Bus powered—no AC power required
• Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
• Works with all USB 3.0-equipped computers and iPads*
• Input 1/2 connectors: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot / TRS: TIP hot)
• Input gain: 0 to 60dB in 1dB steps
• Input impedance: 5kΩ (1 MΩ (when Hi-Z ON)
• Maximum input level: +12 dBu (@0dBFs)
• Phantom power: +48V L/R
• Type: ¼" TRS jack (Balanced)
• Maximum output level: +14 dBu (@0dBFs)
• Output impedance: 100Ω
• Type: ¼" stereo phone jack 20mW + 20mW (into 32Ω load)
• Maximum output level: +8 dBu (@0dBFs)
• Output impedance: 33Ω
• A/D: 118dB typical (IHF-A)
• D/A: 120dB typical (IHF-A)
NUMBER OF AUDIO CHANNELS
• Recording: 2
• Playback: 2
• Frequency characteristics: -1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 60 kHz @ 192kHz -1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz @ 96kHz -1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ 44.1kHz
• Measured conversion noise (EIN): -125dBu (IHF-A) @ 60dB, 150Ω input
• Sampling frequencies: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
• Bit depth: 24-bit
• Interface: USB 3.0
• MIDI In/Out: 5-pin DIN jack
• Power source: USB 3.0 Bus Power / AD-14 AC adapter (DC 5V 1A)
• Power consumption: 5 W maximum
• Dimensions: 113.9mm(D) x 176.0mm(W) x 46.2mm (H)
• Weight: 750g *0dBm＝0.775Vrms UAC-2
• Windows: OS： Windows® 7 SP1 or later / 8 / 8.1 (32bit/64bit) CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster* USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0** * Operation is not guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron or Pentium series or CPUs made by AMD. ** Only USB host controllers with Intel Chipsets are supported. Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
• Mac: OS： Mac® OS X 10.8.5 or later CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0* * Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
• iPad: OS： iOS 7.1 or later * Optional power adapter(AD-14) and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.
• Operation manual
• USB 3.0 cable (1m)
• Cubase LE download access code sheet
• Cubase LE startup guide